Krazy Kats

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

COVID-19: All the latest LIVE worldwide updates - today's updates are also on our Portal page, here)
Message to all: Stay well, stay safe, stay at home - and stay in touch!

Irish supermarket's powerful Christmas advert leaves nation in tears

Kitkat
Kitkat
Admin

Irish supermarket's powerful Christmas advert leaves nation in tears Empty Irish supermarket's powerful Christmas advert leaves nation in tears

Post by Kitkat on Thu Nov 12 2020, 11:02

Move over, John Lewis...
Rachael O'Connor - Irish Post
We all knew this was going to be a very different type of Christmas, but the closer it gets the more reality is setting in.

At the start of this pandemic, all the way back in March, it's probably fair to say that nobody expected we would be in the same situation by Christmas. This year has shown us, more than ever, just how important family is-- especially our older members.

Leading Irish supermarket chain Supervalu has left the nation in floods of tears with its at-once heartwarming and heartbreaking Christmas advert which depicts a young Irish boy hanging Santa decorations, buying mince pies and making a 'Please Stop Here' sign while repeatedly asking his parents, "Is he definitely coming this year?".

We won't give it away, but the reactions have been... well, to be expected.
One Twitter user half-jokingly said they were "here to join the online support group for people who can't stop bawling over the SuperValu Christmas ad"-- something which, if it actually existed, would probably have large membership.

Jamboree
Jamboree

Irish supermarket's powerful Christmas advert leaves nation in tears Empty Re: Irish supermarket's powerful Christmas advert leaves nation in tears

Post by Jamboree on Thu Nov 12 2020, 23:18

I don't often do this, but a real tear escaped my eye at the end of that.
I think lots can empathise in these troubling times.

Current date/time is Wed Jan 20 2021, 02:38