KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

Netflix documentary depicting Troubles massacre of Miami Showband members wins Emmy nomination

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Netflix documentary depicting Troubles massacre of Miami Showband members wins Emmy nomination Empty Netflix documentary depicting Troubles massacre of Miami Showband members wins Emmy nomination

Post by Kitkat Sun 06 Sep 2020, 16:24

Why does it hafta be only on Netflix that you can watch it??  It's so not fair! bawl

Two things which I really, really want to see at the moment
    both only available to watch on Netflix:
    The miniseries 'The Comey Rule'
    and this - 'The Miami Showband Massacre'.

If anyone gets the chance to download or record either of these, I'd be really interested to obtain a copy.
    Or - if you hear that either of them might be coming out on DVD or something, please let me know.

NETFLIX documentary The Miami Showband Massacre has been nominated for an Emmy.

Netflix documentary depicting Troubles massacre of Miami Showband members wins Emmy nomination 9k=

First premiered in March 2019, the film was one of eight launched as part of Netflix’s ReMastered series of documentaries featuring the untold stories of their subjects.

This month it was revealed that the film - which depicts the 1975 Troubles tragedy where three members of the Dublin-based Miami Showband were killed in a bomb attack at a fake Ulster Defence Regiment checkpoint in Co. Down – has been nominated for Outstanding Editing in a Documentary.

Survivor and band member Stephen Travers, who is Chairman of Truth and Reconciliation Platform (TaRP) at The Miami Showband Peace Centre Online, has welcomed the nomination.

“When the producers first approached me, I felt humbled that our band would even be mentioned in such exalted company and I certainly didn’t expect the amazing global response that the film received within hours of its release,” he said.

“It has been a phenomenal success all over the world and I can’t thank the producers and Netflix enough for highlighting this story.”

Mr Travers added: “The Miami Showband was, by far, the least known name in the series and the vast majority of those voting for the nominees might struggle to find Ireland on the world map and yet we’ve been nominated for an Emmy and our story is, once again, back up there with the best in the film industry and receiving the kind of attention that I could hardly have dared to hope for.

"But I guess that’s the American Dream so God bless America and God bless Netflix for its amazing courage.”

The trailer for The Miami Showband Massacre can be viewed here.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 16:15