Krazy Kats

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

CORONAVIRUS: All the latest LIVE worldwide updates - today's updates are also on our Portal page, here)
Message to all: Stay well, stay safe, stay at home - and stay in touch!

Keep the Christmas fare safely out of paws' reach!

Kitkat
Kitkat
Admin

Posts : 7130
Join date : 2011-03-19
Location : Around the bend

Keep the Christmas fare safely out of paws' reach! Empty Keep the Christmas fare safely out of paws' reach!

Post by Kitkat on Tue Dec 24 2019, 14:47

Dog found 'sat with remains of Christmas pudding' in vet scare

Keep the Christmas fare safely out of paws' reach! _110293827_marley_crop

A hapless hound needed emergency treatment after wolfing down toxic Christmas treats.
Marley, a five-year-old Staffie from Stoke-on-Trent, was found by his owner Polly Bloor "with the remains of the Christmas pudding and an empty box of chocolates".
She had left her pet with the puddings while picking up her granddaughter from school.
Marley needed a fluid drip and emergency medication, but recovered.
"We had just been shopping and left the bag on the side while we went to pick my granddaughter up from school," Ms Bloor said, when Marley entered the Christmas spirit, via the bag.
"This is our first Christmas with Marley and I thought we were going to lose him," Ms Bloor said.


Elsewhere in Staffordshire, a two-year-old Labrador, Ozzie, snaffled a mulled wine-soaked Christmas pudding at his home in Uttoxeter.

Keep the Christmas fare safely out of paws' reach! _110293831_ozzie_crop
Ozzie was unable to resist a Christmas pudding

He needed activated charcoal to absorb the toxic substances in his stomach.
Vets have warned pet owners that a lot of traditional Christmas fare is harmful to dogs and "should be kept safely out of paws' reach".
Among the cautioned against Christmas cooking is mince pies, stuffing, Christmas cakes and pudding as well as chocolate, onions, raisins, grapes and nuts.
"We see a big rise in poisoning cases involving raisins and alcohol at this time of year," Laura Playforth, from Vets Now, said.
"Largely due to dogs eating things like mince pies, Christmas puddings and fruitcake."

    Current date/time is Tue Sep 29 2020, 18:19