KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life Forum's Portal Page is: 'Superhuman: Geniuses - Real Stories'

Stardust on the Moon

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Re: Stardust on the Moon

Post by Kitkat on 11th May 2016, 09:24

Stardust wrote:We seem to have gone over all the aspects of spirituality over the years, so there's not much new to add now,

Aspects surrounding spirituality, life and death can never be depleted.  There is so much yet to discover.
I am currently compiling a comprehensive list of noted now deceased scientists, parapsychologists, investigators & researchers of Spiritualism and Psychic Phenomena.  Still a work in progress, that list can be found here:
http://lightafterlife.freeforums.org/noted-deceased-scientists-researchers-of-spiritualism-psi-t1250.html

These people contributed so much to our current understanding of life and death as we now know it and there is much to learn by simply clicking into each indvidual's name on that list to discover the fruits of their dedication.  

There are still questions to be asked, research investigations and studies to be carried out - and there always will be.  Many prominent scientists, psychologists, philosophers and researchers still living today are dedicating much of their fields of speciality into attempting to answer some of those questions and their research is ongoing.  They (and we) now have the added advantage of the internet to assist in sharing and making available much of the results of their investigations and the further questions which arise as a result of their findings.  It's a never-ending quest for knowledge and we have it all available at our fingertips.
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 15th May 2016, 15:40

I don't take so much pleasure from reading books about spirituality these days, they just seems to confirm what's already been written or said and it's a long while since I read (or heard) something new.

I'm sure you're right, Kitkat, that work on this subject is still in progress, but I don't want to waste more time surfing the net or reading "new" books which in the past just went over old turf. I'd imagine that if something really new and amazing came up, the media would let us all know about it.

For the time being I'm walking the lonely road on this one, but I hope other members will continue to share what they have experienced as it's always good to read their posts (which can be more interesting than an entire book written on the subject).

study Shocked flower

Be grateful for even the smallest thing, blessings come in many disguises.
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 15th May 2016, 22:56

Stardust wrote:I hope other members will continue to share what they have experienced as it's always good to read their posts ...

Me too.  :thumb:  agree
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 23rd May 2016, 15:37

Reading another crime novel by Arnaldur Indridason. Difficult to put down once you start. Sherlock study Shocked

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 30th May 2016, 10:11

The most interesting new thought is concerned with other dimensions. To me, that seems to be the way to go. Coupling that with the idea of universal consciousness keeps me interested at least. The scientific new suggestion is that there are far more dimensions than we ever imagined.I hope at least one of them is spiritual.

I'D RATHER PURR THAN HISS!  
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 1st June 2016, 13:25

I've been thinking along those lines too, Feather.

A world of peace, equality, happiness and love must exist somewhere, on another planet or in another dimension. Though reason tell me there are probably worse versions of our own world too.

It's been said/written before that we may live the same basic life in other dimensions, with most of the same people, but with different choices leading to different outcomes.

My heart loves to think that departed loved ones are still alive in some of these other dimensions and that I can hug and talk to them there, assuming that I myself am not departed.

If only we knew...

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 1st June 2016, 13:35

There can be only 3 reasons why we don't know---
1. There is nothing to know.
2. We are not evolved enough to know.
3. It would not be compatible with some grand scheme for us to know.

Can you think of why the last one should/could be true?

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 2nd June 2016, 11:02

I doubt N° 1 is the answer - there's so very much we don't know about our own universe, even our own planet, (in fact even about some of our own neighbours...) that it seems likely that even the most intelligent of us perceives only the smallest particle. Perhaps when we leave our body behind our spirit joins what you refer to as the "Universal consciousness", Feather, where many more mysteries become clear to us. I find it very hard to believe that when we die that's it, there's nothing more for us beyond this life. What would be the point of us living in that case?

N° 2 is a certainty, we cannot be evolved enough yet and perhaps never will be, at least not anytime soon.

No, that N° 3 is the one we're usually given to the standard question: "If God exists why does he (or she) allow terrorism, massive killing, etc ...?" and it really does seem like a cop-out to stop people asking. I don't see how tragedies, suffering, torture, killing..., could be part of what we're all looking for as our paradise: light and love.

But whatever is out there, is has to be BIG.

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 2nd June 2016, 12:07

You have said it all, Stardust. x.

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 3rd June 2016, 15:30

The Louvre Museum in Paris is shut today because of rising water and the need to take the precious stock presently in storage to a safe place where it won't be submerged by the flood.

The zouave at the Alma bridge was up to his knees in water this morning.
http://en.parisinfo.com/transport/73139/Pont-de-l-Alma

and it's still raining...

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 3rd June 2016, 17:44

The Seine is now almost up to his waist and still rising...

Water, water, everywhere...

Whiskers
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Whiskers on 3rd June 2016, 18:01

O lord Stardust, It looks like Paris has got what we had here last weekend.  Torrential non stop rain and gusty wind with it.
I hope they manage to store safely away all those precious things in the Louvre. I dont know who or what is the zouave at the Alma Bridge but I hope they dont end up in it up to their eyeballs (as the saying goes!).

Paris was also in the news on this day in history in 1962.
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 4th June 2016, 09:30

I think it's a whole lot worse than the UK has been experiencing, Whiskers.

Latest news here from The Independenthttp://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-floods-in-pictures-as-waters-rise-in-french-capital-a7064701.html

Paris floods: Pictures show parts of a city submerged as waters rise in French capital
The rapidly swelling river has forced the closure of a number of major landmarks

The Seine has risen to its highest level in decades following several days of torrential rain in Paris and elsewhere in north-east France.
The rapidly swelling river has caused the Louvre to close for the first time since the Second World War, with reserve pieces evacuated from the museum’s cellars.
And the risk of widespread flooding in the city is feared, should the water levels keep rising.

Flood warnings in Paris as the Seine rises

(click the link above to see more pictures)

“It could take one or two weeks for it to return to normal,”  said the Paris town hall, according to Le Figaro.
President Francois Hollande said ‘natural disaster’ status would be applied to large swathes of France if the floods, which have already caused 20,000 people to evacuate their homes, were to worsen.

Paris faces anxious wait as River Seine continues to rise

The environment ministry predicted that the Seine could peak at 6.5 metres during Frday night – which would be its highest level since 1951. 
More than 40 different parks and public spaces in Paris have been closed to the public due to the flooding, along with riverside bars and restaurants and a section of the suburban railway.
The Musée d'Orsay has also closed to prevent damage to its artworks.

and from elsewhere:

June 04, 2016

Nearly a week of heavy rain has led to serious flooding across parts of France, Germany, Romania and Belgium, leaving 16 people dead and others missing. French energy company Enedis said over 17,000 homes were still without electricity Saturday in the Paris region and central France.

Authorities have shut the Louvre museum, the national library, the Orsay museum and the Grand Palais, Paris' striking glass-and-steel topped exhibition center. The Louvre, home to Leonardo da Vinci's "Mona Lisa," said it won't reopen until Wednesday. Curators were scrambling to move some 250,000 artworks from basement storage areas at risk of flooding to safer areas upstairs.

The Orsay Museum, known for its impressionist art, closed through the weekend. Several railway stations shut down in Paris city center and drivers experienced traffic problems in and around the French capital because of flooded roads.

France's meteorological service said Saturday that high flood alerts remained in effect in 13 regions, mostly in central France, including Paris. Although the rain has tapered off in some areas, possible floods were expected over the weekend downstream along the Seine river, in the region of Normandy in western France.
lar-lar
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by lar-lar on 5th June 2016, 19:33

Stardust wrote:I don't take so much pleasure from reading books about spirituality these days, they just seems to confirm what's already been written or said and it's a long while since I read (or heard) something new.

I'm sure you're right, Kitkat, that work on this subject is still in progress, but I don't want to waste more time surfing the net or reading "new" books which in the past just went over old turf. I'd imagine that if something really new and amazing came up, the media would let us all know about it.

For the time being I'm walking the lonely road on this one, but I hope other members will continue to share what they have experienced as it's always good to read their posts (which can be more interesting than an entire book written on the subject).

study Shocked

Familiar?

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 5th June 2016, 22:13

That was annoying because the pictures were not visible

lar-lar
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by lar-lar on 5th June 2016, 23:52

The Paris floods?
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 30th September 2016, 09:23

We've had a lot of crows this year, hordes of them all over the place, and they do so like to talk in that strange screeching way of theirs. Just as well I like crows.

When I get up in the morning I open the window and switch on the light, but keep getting wasps flying in, drawn by the light. Have to sit in the dark until they fly out again and then shut the window until sunrise. Just as well I like wasps.

Next door got two dogs this year, Rottweiler and Weimaraner, and they keep leaving piles of big sticks outside their door, brought back from their walks. Unfortunately, during the same period I notice I've suddently got wee little insects coming into my place, can only be from the pile of sticks. Just as well I like dogs.

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 30th September 2016, 16:14

Stardust wrote:We've had a lot of crows this year, hordes of them all over the place, and they do so like to talk in that strange screeching way of theirs. Just as well I like crows.

When I get up in the morning I open the window and switch on the light, but keep getting wasps flying in, drawn by the light. Have to sit in the dark until they fly out again and then shut the window until sunrise. Just as well I like wasps.

Next door got two dogs this year, Rottweiler and Weimaraner, and they keep leaving piles of big sticks outside their door, brought back from their walks. Unfortunately, during the same period I notice I've suddently got wee little insects coming into my place, can only be from the pile of sticks. Just as well I like dogs.

I notice you haven't included 'Just as well I like insects'.  What a Face

I think you're the first person I've heard say that they actually like WASPS!  pale
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 30th September 2016, 16:53

I do like insects, with a reservation concerning cockroaches and flies and anything else that causes hygiene issues. I'd rather have wasps in the home than flies any day, and they're also prettier.

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Black Moon on 30 September 2016

Post by Stardust on 30th September 2016, 20:37

First I've heard that we have so-called Black Moons, and there's one tonight.

See more here: http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/blogs/get-ready-great-black-moon-2016

Extract from the article:
On the evening of Sept. 30, the Western Hemisphere will be treated to a "black moon," the rare second occurrence of a new moon in a single calendar month. New moons, or dark moons, are when the side of the moon lit up by the sun is facing away from Earth, making it nearly invisible to the naked eye. These generally happen only once during the moon's 29.5-day lunar cycle around the Earth. Roughly every 2.5 years, however, a single month features two new moons, with the second instance known as a "black moon."

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 21st October 2016, 13:28

Been singing "I'll take you home again, Kathleen" with a big smile all over my face. My Dad loved singing that song, though not just that one.

I know it's classic for girls to think their own Dad's the best but, although mine has now progressed to the next stage of his journey, he still has the capacity to make me smile and feel his fatherly love in the depths of my heart, and when I sing these songs I can hear his voice accompanying me full of joy and so very close that I'm sure if I reached out my hand I would actually feel him there as if his physical body was still there by my side.

I love you, Dad. happyheart happyheart happyheart happyheart

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 22nd October 2016, 07:39

Yikes. surprised

While I've been on the forum I've been watching outside through the window and in the last 10-15 minutes the fog has been coming down and creeping towards me. I can just about see the building opposite and the road but it's getting thicker and closer. Incredible, the speed of its advance, I hope it doesn't get so thick as to stick to the windows so nothing can be seen through them, I don't like that.

Shocked run Shocked

lar-lar
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by lar-lar on 22nd October 2016, 18:17

Nights are starting to feel chilly now ... I'm missing the warmer weather  thumbdown
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 22nd October 2016, 21:10

... and I miss the long Summer days. 
Dark late in the morning and early in the evening now and days getting ever shorter.  sigh

lar-lar
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by lar-lar on 24th October 2016, 10:14

I need a clear out. I found twelve winter coats I don't wear and just as many scarves. Pleased I got a charity bag through the door ...

Something sweet happened to me yesterday; a young robin (not so cold then..) flew in the house so I cupped up and took it outside.  happyheart
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 24th October 2016, 10:46

I love robins... just bought a pretty M&S tin of petticoat tails with a robin on the lid. I'll keep it to put mints in.

Miserable foggy and rainy morning today, everything is blurry to look at outside though thankfully it's not too cold. Hopefully it will lift and cheer up by tonight.

Cost of Marmite has gone up for the second time since Brexit, though I don't see why since it's not in application yet. I'm wondering what will happen once it is. Bought several pots on Saturday because in one of the M&S shops they'd sold out (everyone is stocking up, I guess) and, also, if there have already been 2 price rises it's likely not going to stop there.

I also go to M&S because they have a good selection of cheeses suitable for vegetarians (i.e. which don't contain rennet made from an enzyme taken from the stomachs of un-weaned calves). Well done M&S for that.

Current date/time is 21st October 2018, 04:25