KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

The Video of the Week currently showing on LAL Portal Page is: 'Mind Over Matter: Telekinesis'

Notification of new PMs (private messages) [solved]

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Solved Notification of new PMs (private messages) [solved]

Post by Kitkat on Mon 28 May 2018, 18:42

I have just discovered that there are a number of PMs that I have sent over the past month or so to various members here - which are still in my Private Message OUTBOX.  This means that the recipient has not yet read that PM.  Once the recipient has read that PM, it goes into your SENT box.

I have done a test (by sending a PM to myself) to see if it's working OK.  Hmmm ... the PM got sent OK.  I got a notification by email telling me that there was a new PM on the forum, sent to me by 'Kitkat'.
BUT - even though the test PM was there in my INBOX, the message at the top was telling me 'You have no new messages' !  and also the label in the top toolbar had not changed from saying 'No PM'.  That button should change to when there is a new message in your PM inbox.

The Notifications option at the right-hand corner of the top (black) toolbar also displayed that I had a new PM message, so all the rest seems to be working OK.

Thing is - unless you have ticked in your Preferences (and/or the Notifications option in the top right-hand corner of the black toolbar at top of the forum) that you wish to be notified by email when someone sends you a PM on the forum - you will not be aware that there are messages waiting for you in your Inbox!

In the circumstances, I would advise every member when next logging in to the forum to check your PM box for any PMs that you have not read - even though it's showing in the box above that there is 'No PM'.
Also - it would be a good idea to tick in your preferences/notifications the box to receive a notification by email to let you know that there is a message waiting for you there.

Meantime, I am going to temporarily change the notification button to show for the time being (in case it's just the button that might be not working properly.
ETA:  Well, I've done that now and still no change.
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Solved Re: Notification of new PMs (private messages) [solved]

Post by Kitkat on Mon 28 May 2018, 19:00

PS:  I have just checked - and it's the exact same situation on LAL forum also, so it seems to be a global Forumotion issue.
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Solved Re: Notification of new PMs (private messages) [solved]

Post by Kitkat on Mon 28 May 2018, 22:27

Well, happily, this issue has now been solved - on both forums.  Very Happy

Current date/time is Fri 18 Jan 2019, 21:59