KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

The Video of the Week currently showing on LAL Portal Page is: 'Reality and the Extended Mind'

New 'Like' feature on the forum

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

New 'Like' feature on the forum

Post by Kitkat on Sat 05 May 2018, 10:37

You will find a new button in the posting area of the forum:  There is now the option to click the little green thumbs-up icon down the bottom of each message post, if you like/agree with/approve of the post.  When you have clicked the green hand, a message will show that someone has liked that member's post - and there will also be a permanent record to show how many 'likes' that post has received.
You will also be able to read back over old topics and click to 'like' individual posts as you read.
Each post that you 'like' will automatically add to the posting member's 'likes' count which will show in their profile.

(Obviously, you will not be able to 'like' any of your own posts.  lol - it must just be assumed that you agree/approve/like it if you have posted it in the first place!  )
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: New 'Like' feature on the forum

Post by Feather on Sat 05 May 2018, 11:04

What a good idea, KK! Are you going to put a "thumbs down" sign on too??

I'D RATHER PURR THAN HISS!  
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on Sat 05 May 2018, 11:17

Feather wrote:What a good idea, KK! Are you going to put a "thumbs down" sign on too??

There is an option for a "thumbs down" one (a little red hand), but I have not currently enabled it as I fear it may be abused. Far better (imo) if someone is to dislike or disagree with a certain post, that they voice their disagreement and reasons for such, by making a reply post on the topic and perhaps encouraging and contributing to a debate that might arise from it(?)
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on Sat 05 May 2018, 11:29

I agree with you. Too much abuse might follow.

I'D RATHER PURR THAN HISS!  
Whiskers
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Whiskers on Sat 05 May 2018, 13:58

I like this new feature. Its a green thumbs up from me. An orange one too! :thumb:
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on Fri 25 May 2018, 19:34

The little green hand seems to have disappeared. Don't know why - I will have to investigate and get it sorted.  (Not now though - Corrie is on ...) sidestep
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on Fri 25 May 2018, 22:27

Current date/time is Mon 17 Dec 2018, 09:50