KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'HUMAN'

[solved] Multiquote ?

Whiskers
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 3

SOLVED [solved] Multiquote ?

Post by Whiskers on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 16:02

What is the multiquote feature , found at the bottom of every post, and what is its function?  When I press it, it doesnt do anything. shrug  I have searched in FAQs and cant find the answer there or anywhere else. 

I know about the quote function , but I have always been mystified about the purpose of Multi Quote.  Where can I find out more about this?
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 22
Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

SOLVED Re: [solved] Multiquote ?

Post by Kitkat on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 17:44

Whiskers wrote:What is the multiquote feature , found at the bottom of every post, and what is its function?  When I press it, it doesnt do anything. shrug  I have searched in FAQs and cant find the answer there or anywhere else. 

I know about the quote function , but I have always been mystified about the purpose of Multi Quote.  Where can I find out more about this?

The multiquote is quite simple to use - when needed.  I can't give you an example in this thread because the only other poster apart from myself in this thread is you - so in that case I don't need the multiquote, and have just used to quote your post above.

If this was a longer thread, however, and quite a few different posters had already contributed to it, I might want to quote several of those contributors to include in my reply here.   In that case, I would click the button before replying and then below the box where I am typing this reply I would find all the posts that have been made previously.  I would then click on the post(s) that I want to be included in this reply - and each of those quoted replies would then be placed into my edit box - ready for my replies to be added.

Alternatively, if for some reason none of those buttons were working, you could always copy & paste the text you wanted to quote - and then slot that text inside the square brackets.  For instance, if I wanted to quote the last sentence of your post here (and show that it was you that posted it) without using the button - this bit: "Where can I find out more about this?"
I would copy and past it - and then put the square brackets before and after as follows:
Code:
[quote="Whiskers"]Where can I find out more about this?[/quote]
That would come out as:
Whiskers wrote:Where can I find out more about this?

The multiquote is not really needed on this forum; I've only recently added it here, but I may take it off again if no-one is using the option.
Whiskers
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Whiskers on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 20:04

Thanks for the explanation kk.  Added bonus, I now know what the code icon is for. Always wondered about that too.
Whiskers
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Whiskers on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 11:13

Kitkat wrote:The multiquote is not really needed on this forum; I've only recently added it here, but I may take it off again if no-one is using the option.

I see the multiquote button is now gone. I would never use it anyway. If you use the quote icon in the toolbar it gives the option to put in the author of the quote and that does the same thing as the multiquote anyway. Now that I know what multiquote is for, I know it wont be missed by me. Smile

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 00:03